How to File a Complaint
A complaint must be sent in writing. You can send it either by postal mail or email. Please sent the complaint to the attention of the CRPNM Executive Director at:
College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba
1854 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0G9
Information to Include
The complainant* must state the full name of the Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) or Graduate Psychiatric Nurse against whom a complaint is being made. The complaint must include a description of the incident or conduct in detail.
These details include:
- what happened
- the date(s) and time(s) at which the incident or behaviour happened
- the names of persons involved
- to whom the incident or behaviour was reported and when
- any other details
The complaint should also include a description of:
- any person affected by what the RPN or Graduate Psychiatric Nurse did or did not do
- any witnesses to what happened
- other persons who may have information about what happened
The person making a complaint should keep a copy of the complaint of the original sent to CRPNM.
* A person who makes a complaint against a Registered Psychiatric Nurse is called “the complainant” under the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act.